Speaker Practice Rooms
The Speaker Practice Rooms will be located in the Boston Convention and Exhibtion Center in Rooms 259AB and 203. The rooms will be open Saturday through Wednesday. All speakers should check their presentation 4 hours in advance (if possible) to verify the presentation will function on the equipment provided. Speakers should arrive in the session room a ½ hour before the session starts. The AV Office will be located in Room 259AB.
Hours of the Speaker Practice Room will be:
- Saturday - Tuesday 7:30AM - 6:00PM
- Wednesday 7:30AM - 5:00PM
Back to Top
Recommended Method for Your Presentation
All EB session rooms will be equipped with a data projector and laptop computer as well as a lavaliere microphone, table microphone and aisle microphone.
- Bring your presentation on a Windows readable USB flash Drive or CD-ROM.
- When building your presentation, use standard fonts (e.g., Times Roman, Helvetica, Arial, New Times Roman), basic fonts are included on the session room PCs but if an unusual font is used it may not translate.
- Include in the same folder as your presentation, any external files utilized, e.g. movie files. Copy the entire folder to the USB flash Drive or CD ROM.
- Test your presentation on a separate PC compatible computer to insure fonts are standard and components such as movies are included rather than merely linked in your presentation.
- Review these specifications when preparing your presentation.
- The computers in the session room and speaker ready rooms will support PC and Mac presentations.
The operating system will be Windows XP Professional, and software will include: Microsoft Office XP, Adobe Acrobat Reader, QuickTime*, Windows Media Player, Flash Player.
* ALL Quick-Time users should make sure to visit the speaker practice room AT LEAST 24 hours in advance, due to additional processing time that may be required.
We recommend that you bring a backup presentation format to cover the possibility of luggage loss, theft, and/or incompatibility.
Back to Top
You do not need to bring your own laptop to the meeting room. However, there will be connections available for presenters to use their own laptops. Speakers using their own laptops MUST HAVE a VGA HD15pin female output. Some laptops have special video output cables to get to the HD15pin required for connecting to external monitors and data projectors. If this cable is not with the laptop being used there is no way to connect to a Data Projector. The laptop output resolution should be no more then XGA (1024x768). The native resolution on the data projectors is 1024x768 so higher resolutions will force the data projector into a compression mode possibly losing some information or not projecting.
Slide Projection of 2x2 slides and Overhead Projectors are NOT provided.
Session rooms do not have Internet access. If your presentation requires an Internet connection, please check with your programming society for approval.